Troop and Other BSA Announcements
Adult Youth Protection Training: New Requirement
- National Council has announced a new stringent set of requirements for all scouters with regard to
Youth Protection Training. All new adult registrations will be required to complete this raining PRIOR to
being registered. Currently registered adults must have completed / retaken the training within a two year
period. Scouters not in compliance will NOT be able to re-register at charter renewal. Units whose key
personnel (SM, CC, COR) are not all in compliance will not be able to be rechartered. These changes
took effect without notice on June 1, 2010. This applies to all positions, including merit badge counselors and
committee members. The course can be done online in an hour or less. For more information, see the
Westchester-Putnam Council website.
- The first part of summer camp fees, the $330.00 payable to council for the basic camp fees, is due no
later than Thursday, May 27th. Those who wish to apply for camp scholarship need only pay a $100.00 deposit
and bring that payment and the camp scholarship form to a troop meeting on or before May 27th. The balance
will be due upon notificiation of the camp scholarship amount. ($330.00 basic fees minus the $100 deposit and minus any
camp scholarship award). Payments received after these dates are subject to an additional $25.00 late fee imposed
by the council. Camp Scholarship applications cannot be accepted after June 1st except for newly registered
- This year's course for open water dive certification and Scuba Diving Merit Badge, under the auspices of Mr. Bradley
Gaiser of Aqua Vision (certified scuba open water instructor and registered merit badge counselor), is closed. There are four
scouts and five adults who are going to participate this year. We are aiming on having another course in May of 2011.
National BSA Announcement
- National announced the requirements for the new Geocaching Merit Badge. There are now 123 merit badges available
on a wide range of activities.
Order of the Arrow
- The National Order of the Arrow has announced the dates for next year's Indian Summer, August 1-6, 2011 at
Ridgecrest, NC. This is the first Indian Summer in awhile (2003) and the event focus is on the Native American
aspects of the OA - ceremonies, dance teams, making authentic outfits, etc. No word yet from Ktemaque about
a possible contingent.
Interested in joining our Troop??? E-mail us at
This site conforms to the
BSA Guideline for Unit Websites and
COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
with regard to scouts 13 years of age or under.
Last Updated: April 8, 2011